Training for Traveller Men
This training is currently in final evaluation stage. Once complete the training will be rolled out nationally.
Using a community development approach, this module will provide training to Traveller men in prevention, intervention and postvention initiatives in the areas of positive mental health, mental health issues and suicide.
Training includes sessions on:
- Positive Mental Health
- Suicide Prevention
On completion of the training programme participants will be able to:
- Identify what is positive mental health
- Identify what are mental health issues
- Identify and work to develop appropriate responses in prevention
- Have skills to make appropriate interventions in crises situations and referrals to appropriate organisations
- Identify and work with others, Traveller and non-Travellers, to develop appropriate responses in postvention
The complete training is 10 sessions. Each session is 2 hours long. The whole programme can be delivered in 2 ½ days, or combinations of mornings and afternoons of 2 sessions each over 5 days.
If you have any queries or would like the training delivered in your organisation, please contact NTSAP at Exchange House on 01 872 1094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.